You’d Better Understand Your Health Insurance – Or You Could Be Overpaying
If you’re like many Americans, you’d rather clean a toilet than buy health insurance.
But it shouldn’t be like this.
Health insurance is complicated, yes.
Whether you go without it or choose a plan that doesn’t suit your needs, you’ll pay for it later.
Here’s what a recent study reveals about consumer attitudes and behaviors toward healthcare and insurance:
- Only 60 percent can explain what a deductible and premium are.
- 36 percent understand the idea of out-of-pocket maximum.
- Just 32 percent grasp the concept of coinsurance.
- Only 7 percent report having a complete understanding of all of the insurance components, such as out-of-pocket maximum, deductible, premium and coinsurance.
- A third of consumers are using mobile apps and websites to comparison shop for healthcare.
- Interestingly, 78 percent actively seek live support, desiring to talk directly with a person than to use email or online chat.
You can probably identify with these stats, because you’re living them.
You sort of understand how health insurance works, but not fully. You don’t have the time to learn about it, because you’re busy with work and family. You need to find out more about it but you don’t know who to trust.
At the same time, the risks of ignoring it all are real.
Put your head in the sand and hope you’ve picked a good health insurance plan, and you could end up overpaying for services (like a knee replacement or tonsillectomy), not able to afford the plan you selected, or worse, paying for a plan that doesn’t suit your needs.
Imagine going without a few luxuries, wants or even needs so you can pay your health insurance bills, and then when you need the policy, you discover that you can’t afford your out-of-pocket costs? Frustrating, huh?
Or consider that of the 50 or so plans on the Marketplace, there’s a plan out there that provides just about the same coverage, at a lower premium or deductible than what you’re currently paying.
With a trusted expert by your side, you can figure out exactly how health insurance works and whether or not you are overpaying for your policy.
InsureOne Benefits is happy to help. We can walk you through the many health insurance options and demystify the purchasing process.
Because in the end, we want you to be happy with your health insurance purchase and ensure that you and your family have an affordable policy that meets your needs.
Just give us a call today at 1-800-722-7331!