As you near the age of 65, start thinking about Medicare.
Enrollment happens the year you turn 65, and you can be penalized if you don’t enroll in a plan.
Understand how to enroll, what you’ll need to consider during enrollment, and your enrollment options.
When to Enroll
The Medicare enrollment period is different for everybody. Here’s how to know when you can enroll:
You can enroll in Medicare (Original Medicare Parts A and B) during your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP).
- 3 months BEFORE you turn 65.
- Your birthday MONTH (if your birthday is June 5, then you can enroll any day in June).
- 3 months AFTER you turn 65.
How to Enroll
Don’t go it alone when you’re applying for Medicare.
With the help of a Medicare specialist, you can confidently create a customized Medicare plan that is ideal for you and your spouse.
Here are some of the factors you’ll want to consider:
- The plans and Medicare companies that are right for you.
- If your doctors and hospitals are on the plan-provider list.
- If your prescription drugs are covered.
- Plan benefits and coverage.
- Monthly premium rates.
- The enrollment application.
Start the enrollment process now.
Contact InsureOne Benefits and speak to our Medicare Enrollment Specialists today!